Thursday, January 30, 2014

Play Your Cards Right

I spent several years playing poker, most of it a waste, but I learned a few things.
I learned that even when you think you have it written all over your face, most people can't see it.
I learned that sometimes its easier to tell a lie than it is to tell the truth.
I learned we often overestimate our strengths, and underestimate our weaknesses.
I learned to never hold on to what you have, because it can be taken from you in an instant.
I learned that when things don't make sense, its time to start asking questions.
I learned that confidence and a positive attitude are as essential to success as preparation.
But the single most important thing I've learned is that if you play your cards right, there's always another hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment