Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Where am I

So I put this together tonight. Just a little something to get things started off. I think its kind of fitting for the first story.
Where am I?
I've been lost before but never like this. We were standing at the corner of Annapolis and Atlantic, I took another puff and passed the lit paper back to my friend. Our coordinates could be determined by satellites hovering in the sky with exact precision, yet suddenly I had no idea where I was.
Where am I?
Earth. A spinning rock orbiting a single star in some far off corner of the universe. They say there are more stars in the sky then grains of sand on all the beaches in the world. Imagine then how many planets? How many worlds, civilizations, species and cultures? We go about our days like we know just where we are, and what we are doing. In the vast expanse of night sky above us, where was Earth?
Here I was on the corner of Annapolis and Atlantic in Atlantic City New Jersey, two blocks from my house, and I had but one question.
Where the fuck am I?


No comments:

Post a Comment